Tuesday 3 September 2013

Fargo Village - The new home of The Big Comfy Bookshop

After over 12 months I am excited to say I have signed a lease for a property!


My shop will be where the rolling shutter is

I will be moving into a purpose built creative village in Coventry called Fargo Village, on Far Gosford Street.
Fargo is an exciting new cultural hub that will open next year. It is being built on a disused industrial site, using the old buildings themselves rather than knocking down and making a building-by-numbers, and will incorporate dozens of independent businesses, including me! As well as books you'll find artists, music, dance, food and more.

I was approached by Jo from Fargo whilst I was in Earlsdon for the Earlsdon festival. I tucked the leaflet into my bag and subsequently forgot all about it. Only a month later whilst reorganising things did I come across the leaflet and investigate further. I was struck immediately by how similar both Fargo's and my ideas were.

I've visited the site twice already, once whilst it was being featured on Midlands Today (my foot was clearly visible in the background whilst a councillor was being interviewed!).

I am extremely excited by this new venture and hope to get an open date soon. As well as books I'll be selling cakes made by Clairey's Cakes (simply divine!) and Ali Smart, and selling locally made crafts, such as the talented Emily's at Cotton Cat UK. The place is currently being built though so all I know at the moment is it's open next year. I'll still be attending craft fairs and other places in the meantime (I have a 'residency' at POD in Coventry thanks to Adam at the wonderful Here Comes Everyone magazine)

As well as the main buildings, there will also be shipping containers to work and sell from! These can be leased for a short period too so if you fancy having a go at a business but think it's too risky, it really is a grand opportunity.

Please go and visit the Fargo website and follow and like on their social media sites too.

Michael
Follow me on Twitter - @BigComfyBooks
Like me on Facebook - Facebook

How about browsing the shop too? - www.TheBigComfyBookshop.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. The Fargo Village sounds wonderful and I like the philosophy behind it. Please keep us informed on how it's all going so that we can come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys

    We met at the ground cutting ceremony and will be situated just round the corner from you. Can't wait to make the most of your shop. We will be spending a lot of time there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Fargo Village!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, your bookshop sounds like my sort of place! I like the idea of Fargo Village too, so will definitely come and look around once it's open. Best wishes with all the pre-opening preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael, Nim and I can't wait to come and see shop in New Year congrats! Nat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat! It's exciting, albeit a little slow, but it's finally moving forward. It'd be lovely to see you again. Hope all is well with you and the family. x

      Delete